Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all started the week off nicely.
Since my semester is over and I’m currently jobless, I have A LOT of spare time on my hands. As we all know this can be a good thing and can also be a bad thing. First off, I am incredibly bored and I’m beginning to run out of “errands” to complete. But on the other hand, I also have a lot of time to relax and think to myself! So today I decided to make a list of goals for myself that I would like to accomplish!
1) Get accepted into New York University – I’ve always wanted to go there, but in high school I didn’t have the grades. Now that I’m almost a junior in college and have a 3.8 GPA I was thinking that I would apply as a transfer student and hopefully get in!! I LOVE the City! I’m only 20 minutes away so I get to go very frequently! I can definitely see myself living there someday. (I also plan to take a trip to the PB&Co restaurant soon so stay posted :-) )
2) Get more variety into my diet – Yes I do enjoy eating healthy but I find myself eating a lot of the same things over and over again. (Ex. apples, wraps, sandwiches) Mostly a lot of easy stuff! So I hope to cook a little more and switch up what I eat to get a variety of nutrients!
3) Become more confident with my personal choices – I come from a very Italian family. Italians LOVE to eat. Don’t get me wrong, I love to eat too! But I come from a large family of food pushers. My grandma even used to come over my house every morning when I was little and made me eat a boston cream donut from DD’s. So when I make healthy food choices today and choose to exercise frequently, I sometimes get ridiculed a lot. Sometimes I get .. “Your going running AGAIN?!”. Or “Ohhhh come on?! You know you want to split the cake with me! Just eat it, you know you want too!”. Yes, I eat cake, cookies, and ice cream just I eat them in moderation, and sometimes, I really just don’t want the damn cake. I can usually handle this, but sometimes it feels like it’s never ending. So I definitely want to gain the strength to finally say, “This is my choice to live a healthy lifestyle, if you don’t agree with it, then oh well”.
4) Do more volunteer work – My mom is the most unselfish person in the entire world. She is incredibly giving and charitable and has always taught me to be the same way. Currently, my family sponsors a gorilla named Coco and a Native American child in New Mexico. Every time I volunteer myself somewhere like a soup kitchen or a hospital, I always feel like I’m making a difference. So I would definitely like to be more active in my community to help other people!
5) Run more benefit runs – Last year I ran 2 5k’s. One was the Tunnel to Towers run in NYC for the firemen who passed away on 9/11, and the other one I ran was the Susan Komen Breast Cancer run. After those two races I can’t even describe to you how overwhelmed with happiness I was, I felt so accomplished! I would definitely like to do those two runs again and a bunch more! Maybe even start running longer races like a 10K or work my way up to a half marathon or something =).
6) Learn how to drive a manual car – This is something I’ve always wanted to learn how to do! Both of my brothers have manual cars and I’m always so fascinated with how it works. Before I left for Italy, my parents agreed to let me buy myself a new car when I got home. So now that I’m home, I bought myself a new car =) and it’s MANUAL!! I’m really excited to get it. It won’t be here until the end of June because I had to special order it. So my main goal at the moment is to be able to drive it home from the dealership by myself (and not have to have one of my brothers drive it for me haha).
So those are my challenges at the moment, and I already started to work on them! Today I drove around my brothers car for a few hours to get the hang of a stick shift. I think I did really well! I get the logistics of it, now I just have to practice! ALSO, I started my NYU application!
First, to start my goal oriented day, I needed a good bfast.
Southwestern scrambled eggs w/ a WW english muffin, Justin’s honey PB, and raspberry preserves.
Lunch was also fabulous!
Flat-Out wrap w/ turkey, feta cheese, avocado, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Some Fage as well!
Growing up I was always accustomed to the same cheeses. The Italian norm – mozzarella, ricotta, and parmesan. Also, the most common, American cheese. While I was in Italy (ironically enough) is when I developed a taste for other types of cheeses that weren’t my typical Italian staples. This is because my 8 other roommates that I lived with encouraged me to try different things! While I was there I tried Brie, Camembert, some other weird ones that I can’t remember, and my new all time fav, FETA! Ladies and gentlemen, I am now not only a carboholic, I’m a Fetaholic! (As you can tell by the huge chunks in my wrap).
Later on in the day after dominating the art of a manual transmission, I fueled up for another pilates class. The class is at 6:30 which is around the time I usually eat dinner so I try not to eat a huge meal before I go (I don’t exercise well on a full stomach) so I cut my dinner in half (half before my class and half after). Before my class I had this….
(Sorry forgot to take a picture of it)
I thought this was so good! The sesame tahini sauce was really good. Also, I wasn’t aware that it had tofu in it, which I’ve only tried once before. I really enjoyed it so I definitely think I’m going to go pick some up next time I go to the store. Does anyone recommend any good brands of tofu out there?!
After my pilates class (which continues to kick my butt), I put together the ultimate recovery smoothie! ..
1C bloobs, Chobani, 1 scoop of french vanilla designer whey PP, and Ice = Super yummy and refreshing!
Well I’m officially exhausted! Time to chill out for the rest of the night. Tomorrow I think I’ll be going DTS (Jersey slang for “Down the Shore”) to my beach house. So i’m pretty sure i’ll be blogging from there =)
Has anyone set any goals for themselves to accomplish? Even the smallest of goals counts!